Wow, really? I haven’t posted since October?! I’ve done a ton of stuff with the kids that I totally intended to post, but apparently starting subbing has severely limited my online time. Or time in general. I kept up the home school stuff until just before Thanksgiving. Even the kids are asking me when we’ll do home school again. Guess I need to get back on the horse!
So. Since it’s New Year’s Eve, I’ll play the ol’ resolutions game. Here are my goals/plans for 2014:
For the kids:
- Stay consistent with Home School for the kids.
- Enroll the kids in TK for next school year (which includes deciding where they will be going).
- Find an activity for Lucas to do on his own (Kyla has ballet and I want something that is just for him).
- Enroll the kids in ice skating lessons.
- Enjoy my last months of being home with my babies.
- Apply for any library positions in the local school district.
- Complete another Whole30.
- Figure out where these headaches are coming from and get rid of them!
- Be more consistent about exercise.
- Be good about blogging again (I know, this one goes in fits and starts).
- Spend more time with my husband.
There are probably more, but those are the ones I’ve got off the top of my head.
2014 is going to be full of a lot of change for our family, since the kids will be 5. We don’t plan to put them in regular kindergarten yet, since they have summer birthdays, but we do plan to put them into a transitional kindergarten program at one of two churches. We just have to decide which one. And along with that is the probability that I will be working full time again (assuming there is a job to be had and that I get it). It’s already been an adjustment with my substituting. While I’m looking forward to bing in a library again, I’m not looking forward to being apart from my kids every day. 😦 But that won’t be until August, so for now I’m going to try to remember to cherish this time I’ve got.
Happy New Year, everyone!