So the first full day of pumping went a little easier than I thought it would… We had an ice day, so I was home all day! Except when I had to go to my doctor’s appointment.
So I’ve figured out a few things.
- Pumping is only “fun” the first time. After that it looses its charm. 😉
- Drops are only exciting for a little while. Then you want more.
- Even watching “Bringing Home Baby” back to back all day doesn’t make the milk magically come in.
- After awhile, your nipples feel like they’re still in the pump, even when they’re not.
- Patience, while it may be a virtue, is not something I’m good at.
So, all kidding aside, I was a little disappointed when I didn’t get anything more than I did yesterday. As a matter of fact, I didn’t always get even one drop! 😦 But I keep reminding myself that it will get better.
I took my herbs right on time all day today, ate oatmeal, and even bought myself some Mother’s Milk Tea. The tea didn’t smell great, but it was actually pretty good. It says to drink it 3-5 times a day, but we’ll see if I can do that.
Well, it’s time, once again, to pump. So I’ll have to end here. Once again, wish me luck!