Home again

I’m home!! My right arm hurts from the PICC line, but at least I got to sleep in my own bed and no one came in to take my vitals at 4 AM. No, instead my dog asked to be let out. I’ve been up for about an hour because I couldn’t get back to sleep. I imagine a nap will be in order later today! 😉

Mentally, I’m doing much better than yesterday. Once I knew (or at least sort of knew) what I was dealing with I felt much better. As I told my doc last night, my most anxious times come when I feel like I don’t know what’s going on. I think he’s starting to get that message. Did I tell you he gave me his cell number so that if his stinkin’ office staff is giving me fits I can bypass them completely! I made sure he knew how much that eased my mind!

Right now the plan is this. I will go in to the ID doc today to get started on my home IV antibiotics. Not sure yet how long I’ll have to be on that, but at least another 5 days (I’ve already been on it for 5 days in the hospital). In the mean time, Dr. D is going to be talking with my cardiologist (Dr. P) and the Children’s EP (Dr. S) that sat in on my last procedure. We’re going to be going back in, but only after the incision site is “cooled down” as he put it. He’s going to defer to Dr. P and Dr. S on who should do it. He knows that the surgeons he works with will not be able to do it with my anatomy. We are now at the point where the only option left is to place that wandering lead onto the outside of my heart, which will require a bit more invasive action.

We hope to have this next surgery done prior to the new year for two reasons. One, more time to heal before the babies’ arrival. Two, don’t have to start over on the deductible with insurance (who is paying 100% at this point). As much as I hate to do it, I’m actually thinking that scheduling it for Christmas break would be the best option. As I said last night “Not that I want to miss out on family stuff, but at least they don’t dock my pay!”

So that’s where we are right now. I plan to call and talk to Dr. P later today and get her thoughts on the matter. I don’t know if she’ll want me to go back to Mayo, Texas Children’s, or if she thinks there’s anyone local that can do it. I will feel even better once I have an idea of where this is going to happen.

Thanks again for all the support!

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under doctor's appts., heart, meds, stress, waiting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s