I forgot to get on and update last night. I was SO nervous as I got ready to give myself the shots last night. I really didn’t want to go through that pain again. Fortunately, it was back to being a breeze. Okay, not exactly a breeze, but not nearly as painful. 😉
A coworker of mine told me that her friend felt like she had the flu when she was on these meds. I’m thinking that may be contributing to my yucky feeling lately. I can’t really tell which symptoms are surgery recovery related, which are meds related, and which are ICD-not-working-in-top-form related. But this week these are the symptoms I’ve had:
- Foggy/scattered brain. I can’t seem to focus on anything for very long.
- Fatigue. I’ve been very tired.
- Night sweats. I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and HOT, then moments later I’m freezing.
- Small appetite. Okay, I’m not really complaining about this one, but it is unusual for me. It’s not that I’m not hungry. But it’s hard to figure out anything that sounds good and once I pick something and start eating I get full much faster than usual.
- Diarrhea. Okay, I realize this is way TMI, but I’ve been having this problem for the last several days. I have no idea what to attribute it to. It doesn’t make sense.
- Headache. I’m fairly certain this is the lupron. It started soon after starting this med and has been pretty much constant ever since. Sometimes more intense than others, but it’s been there all day every day.
- Swelling. My ankles and fingers have been swelling a bit more than they had been. Not sure if this is med related or heart related.
- Aches and pains. Well, some of these I know are from the surgery. The incisions are healing nicely, but I think the nerves are reconnecting and making it more painful. But there’s also the pain from the Gonal-F bruise and I’ve also had some minor aches and pains in my abdomen. Eggs growing, maybe?
It sounds as if I’m on deaths door when I list out the symptoms like that. I’m not. I’m functioning just fine. True, I don’t feel like I’m at the top of my game, but I’m still able to do my day-to-day routine. I’m truly not so miserable that I feel justified in complaining. I’ve felt worse, that’s for sure! 😉
Oh, and I just thought I’d mention… Only 8 more days until the Egg Retrieval!!!! I’m so excited.