First the good news:
I went in this morning and had my baseline sonogram for the surrogacy. Apparently the slight spotting I had is about all I can expect, since they are suppressing my system so much. Everything looks good there and we’re all set for me to start stimulating my ovaries on Sunday.
Now the not-so-good news:
I finally heard from my EP’s office and we are NOT having surgery today. Or even this week for that matter. The scheduling person I talked to said that he has a lot more coordinating he needs to do before doing my procedure. Also, something about talking to the Mayo Clinic doctor. She said she thought he would have called me by now, but since he hadn’t I should expect to hear from him this afternoon or evening. If I don’t, she says to call her in the morning. She says he’s aiming for next week. Well, news flash, next week is no good for me. I’ve got appointments with for the surrogacy set up for Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Egg Retrieval on Thursday. The transfer is the following Sunday or Tuesday. He’ll just have to wait until after that. I’m tired of not being told what is going on. If he can’t coordinate with ME, then I’ll have my cardiologist find me someone who can. I’ve said it over and over. I like Dr. D as a doctor, but only when he actually talks to me. Unfortunately, more often than not I’m left completely out of the loop and my frustration continues to mount. If he would just tell me why there has been a delay or what he is thinking I could deal with this much better. I’m planning to call my cardiologist and see if she can get me any information. It’s ridiculous that I have to go through another doctor just to get any information from this one.
I’ll let you know if/when I find out more. I’m thinking I may go in to work tomorrow. It’s a light day and it will keep my mind busy. I’m going to see how I do today.
Thanks for the prayers.