Home again

We got home last night just before one AM. Needless to say, we both went to bed almost immediately (had to let the dogs out first). It was a long day, but an enjoyable one. πŸ™‚

Shortly after my last post we got into the car and headed out. Had to stop for cash, breakfast, and coffee (three different places), but eventually were on our way. I managed to stay awake the whole trip (amazing for me) as we were talking about baby names. Now, most people know we’ve already selected both a boy name and a girl name. However, we started talking about the off chance that we ended up with twins of the same sex. What would we do then? So, we started talking names. We came up with some real silly ones, some that were okay, some we liked but didn’t really go well with our last name… We never really made any kind of decision, but it was fun throwing ideas out there. This was actually how we made our name selections the last time. This was YEARS ago, on a car trip home from my mom’s. We weren’t even ready to get started yet, but we knew what we wanted to name our kids! πŸ˜‰

Anyway, as we arrived at LD’s house I had to crack up. K and S were in the front yard and as soon as I waved to them (they didn’t recognize N’s car, since they’ve only seen mine) they immediately ran inside to tell LD. LD came out and said “Man, they’re excited you’re here!” They were shy for a little while, keeping pretty quiet or only talking to each other. But eventually they warmed up and were their usual silly selves.

For lunch we went to Hey Day, a place with Pizza and games. And just as I’d thought, N and B hit it off big time! They played games against each other, they played lazar tag on the same team (K and T were on the opposite team, while LD, S and I stayed in the arcade part and played games for tickets), and generally acted like best buds. πŸ˜‰

We went back to the house and T asked N to come into his room and play PlayStation with him. So the boys were in T’s room and K and S invited me into theirs. When LD had come with me to visit my mom we ended up giving her my flute for S to have. So S asked me if I would teach her out to play it. We sat on the floor in her room working on that for quite awhile. I’d forgotten how hard it was to play when just starting out! Slowly she got better at it and I told her to just keep practicing. She’s still got quite a bit of time before she’ll be able to take band in school. I’m sure by then she’ll be great.

Eventually we all ended up back in the living room where we talked and joked around. T really wanted to boys to go do something fun and the girls to go do something else, but no one took him up on his “great idea.” πŸ˜‰

D came home and he gave the kids a hard time, as usual. We ordered Chinese delivery for dinner, then LD and I took a short walk. The food arrived and the adults had a few minutes to eat and talk while the kids sat at the table to eat (we were in the living room). The whole evening was very comfortable and enjoyable.

I had told T a few weeks ago when he had his tonsils out that I would buy him some ice cream when I saw him. So we all hopped into the cars (B and T rode in our car) and went to Brahm’s. Everyone enjoyed their individual ice creams while we sat and talked. Once we were done we headed out. N and I were going to head on home (it was almost 10 at this point). But it was SO hard to say goodbye! We’d say goodbye, then continue to stand around and talk some more. The kids all wanted for us to either stay the night, or for them to come back to our house with us! We told them not this time, but some day they would get to come and stay with us. Finally we went our separate ways and made the 3 hour drive home (I slept through most of OK, but woke up when we were 5 miles from TX and stayed awake the rest of the way home).

It was a very full day, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m fairly certain N did too. At least, when we talked about it on the way home he had positive things to say about the kids and talked about things he’d like to do with them in the future. Overall it was a wonderful visit. But now we’re both exhausted! πŸ˜‰ I think today is going to be a very lazy day for us.


Leave a comment

Filed under family, friends, fun, husband

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s