Another step taken

I didn’t have a chance to update after LD’s appointment because I’ve been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! But now that I have a moment, that’s exactly what I’ll do.

On Monday morning we headed out to meet up with two new TOSS members for lunch. We had a lovely time getting to know them and comparing stories. It was a lot of fun, but soon it was time to head to the RE’s office.

Our appointment was for one o’clock, which of course meant we didn’t actually get called back until 1:45. Once there the nurse asked LD some questions, then took us to a room where LD stripped down, dressed in a paper gown and sat to wait on the table (there was a curtain for her to change behind, don’t worry!). I sat in a chair near her head and we talked while we waited for Dr. C to come in. I think we waited at least 15 minutes. He came in and did his exam, reminding LD to relax over and over again. I’d like to see HIM relax when someone’s shoving a huge tube up his hoo-ha! He even told her corny jokes in an effort to get her to relax. It didn’t work… I held her hand for much of the exam, then Dr. C declared her uterus was “beautiful” and that we’re all set to get started whenever we want! ๐Ÿ™‚ It wasn’t until after we left that I realized he didn’t even mention doing a mock cycle. Part of me wonders if I should call and ask about that, or not say anything for fear of reminding them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LD asked when we should be starting meds and such for an early Oct. transfer and he said to call him in late August. But as he was dictating his notes (he was standing next to us) he changed his mind and told me to call when I get AF. The nurse confirmed that this was so we could start to sync our cycles with birth control pills. Well, seeing as I should be getting my next AF in a week and a half, it looks like it won’t be long before our next step! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

LD then had to get her blood drawn for the FDA screening stuff. And I thought I was bad about needles! She scared me to death. The nurse had to stick her three different times, and finally had her lying down on a table so if she passed out she wouldn’t have anywhere to fall! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I felt SO bad that she was going through so much just for me. But she tells me this is the way she always reacts, but she wanted to do it anyway. She is such a blessing. I โค her!!

After the appointment, LD and I went to visit another TOSS member, who has three infants! We got to hold the babies and give M a chance to take a shower. It was so hard to say goodbye, but we had a long drive ahead of us and needed to get to LD’s house in time for dinner.

The drive to LD’s house went fairly quickly, considering, and I finally got to meet LD’s kids! ๐Ÿ™‚ They were a little shy at first, but we’d already asked them if they wanted to stay at the hotel with me over night and they were very excited to do so. We went to dinner, then checked into the hotel. LD, her hubby, and step-son (he didn’t want to stay) left and the four of us (K, S, T, and me) played games, jumped on the bed (actually, they did, I didn’t), and had a general good time. Around midnight I could see that K was getting REALLY tired, so I declared that it was time to turn off the lights. T wasn’t too happy about that, but I told him he could play K’s gameboy while we went to sleep. He CLAIMS he stayed up all night, but before I fell asleep (which couldn’t have been THAT long), I noticed that the gameboy was turned off. ๐Ÿ™‚

The next morning we all woke up and went to the lobby to have breakfast, then went back to the room and played more games, jumped on beds, and had a pillow fight. At 11:00 LD arrived with her mother to take us all to lunch (we were meeting her best friend, J). By now K was begging for LD to give T his medicine, but to be perfectly honest he wasn’t that bad. Of course, I don’t have to deal with him every day, nor is he my little brother, so I can understand why K was annoyed. Lunch was great and I really enjoyed talking with J. I think the two of us did the majority of the talking! lol Soon it was time to take me back to my car so I could head back to Texas. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

The kids kept begging me to stay another night, and LD was HELPING! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was very tempted to stay, but figured I should get back. I had plans the next day and knew it would be just as hard to leave then. So I headed on home, but called my MIL to see if she wanted to meet at the casino on my way home. She did, and we had a good time losing a lot of money. ๐Ÿ˜‰ When I told N how much I lost his eyes bulged out. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I told him it could have been worse! I actually won back more than half of what I lost!

As I was getting close to home I got a call from my sister, who says that she has arranged it for me to take care of W the first week of August while she’s at a conference. So now LD and I are going to go down to Houston August 1st so she can meet my family and we can bring W back together. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m SO excited! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚


Leave a comment

Filed under doctor's appts., family, friends, fun, progress, RE, waiting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s